Dr. Scott Poland
National Expert on Suicide Awareness & Prevention
What You Should Know About Youth Suicide
2nd Leading Cause of Death
for children starting at 10 years of age
Every 11 Seconds
someone dies by suicide
4 out of 5
teens who attempt suicide give clear warning signs
Suicide Awareness & Prevention Curriculum Key Features & Benefits
Prepares Staff to Support Students
- Provides staff with a consistent language and understanding of suicide and self-harm in students
- Ensures all staff know what to do and how to implement the referral process when a student displays warning signs
- Reduces stigma around suicide with a holistic and consistent curriculum
Content authored by nationally recognized youth suicide prevention expert Dr. Scott Poland:
- A licensed psychologist and an internationally recognized expert on youth suicide and school crisis
- The author of multiple statewide suicide prevention toolkits that align with training
- As a survivor of the suicide of his father, Dr. Poland has dedicated his life to preventing suicide
- Build and scale your suicide prevention program with consistent education and resources across district
- Administrators gain visibility and tracking, allowing schools to know that all staff members know what to do, and have fulfilled the state-level education requirements
- Over 4 hours of engaging eLearning course materials that establish how to build a comprehensive and successful suicide prevention program, identify warning signs, and know the intervention steps through postvention
Watch this Video to Discover More About our Partnership with Dr. Poland
Developed in Partnership with Leading Youth Suicide Awareness & Prevention Expert
Navigate360 is proud to partner with Dr. Scott Poland, a national expert in suicide awareness & prevention. Dr. Poland lends his decades of experience to both our curriculum and software solutions, helping schools improve student outcomes with comprehensive suicide awareness & risk screening solutions.
Suicide among students ages 10 and older is hitting epidemic proportions. Be confident you are providing staff with the tools they need to be a resource for students in crisis.
Provide Your Staff with a Scalable & Holistic Approach for Identifying & Supporting Students in Crisis
- Prepare all staff who interact with students to identify warning signs and understand the appropriate intervention processes
- Provide staff with the knowledge and confidence that comes from experts in the suicide prevention field
- Quickly create and set up a suicide prevention process and program to reduce stigma and save lives
Take a Comprehensive Approach to Preventing Student Suicide while Supporting a Safe Environment to Learn, Work & Grow
Combine your suicide awareness & prevention education with proven risk detection, incident reporting, and case management solutions.
Email Scanning Technology
Ethically and proactively identify risk with poweful AI.
P3 Campus: Anonymous Tip Reporting
Provide students, staff, and community members safe ways to share life-saving information.
Behavioral Threat Assessment Case Manager
Manage student cases of intent to harm self with integrity and compassion.
“Do not be afraid of this word: Suicide. Do not be afraid to bring it up and talk about it. If a person is suicidal, it gives them a chance to unburden themselves, know that they’re not the only person to feel this way, and there is help available.”
– Dr. Scott Poland
What you know can save a life – is your staff prepared?
Teachers are burdened with so much more than the education of our future leaders. Reduce their burden and improve their wellbeing with a comprehensive solution to stop concerning behaviors from escalating to tragedy.