Navigate360 - Building Safer Tomorrows
Presenting…Suite360 Character Education for Texas
For 20 years, Navigate360 has been the most widely chosen holistic safety and wellness partner in the United States. Our character education curriculum was developed to equip students in Texas with comprehensive resources that impart valuable lessons in each of the four character education competencies to empower them to successfully achieve life goals, both now and in the future.
We owe it to our Texas students to prepare them for a bright tomorrow so they can reach their full potential and thrive. We know that whole-child wellbeing takes a whole community, and we would be proud to be a part of yours. Learn more about how we can help your students with our Texas Character Education program.
Texas Character Education Resources
Texas Education Agency
The Texas Education Agency is the state agency that oversees primary and secondary public education. It improves outcomes for all public school students in the state by providing leadership, guidance, and support to school systems.Learn More
Character.org is comprised of educators, researchers, business and civic leaders who care deeply about the vital role that character will play in our future. Our worldwide network empowers people of all ages to practice and model core values that shape our hearts, minds, and choicesLearn More
What Is Character Education?
Based on decades of research on effective schools, Character.org developed a framework of 11 principles to guide the cultivation and implementation of character development within schools. The 11 principles include the following:
- A set of core values is identified and embedded into the culture of the family, school, sports team or organization.
- Character involves understanding, caring about and practicing your culture’s core values.
- Your character development approach is proactive and comprehensive.
- Caring attachments and relationships foster a sense of belonging and connection.
- There are ample opportunities for everyone to live their core values, especially with opportunities to serve others.
- Your culture of character strives to develop everyone’s “best self,” including the four areas of character (moral, civic, performance and intellectual).
- A culture of character emphasizes intrinsic motivation rather than recognition or material rewards.
- Everyone shares the responsibility to model, practice and uphold the core values.
- All stakeholders are encouraged to take a leadership role and suggest ways to embed and practice the core values.
- Your character initiative engages a range of partners (family members, parents, community members, etc.).
- Core values are reaffirmed or revised each year to ensure that your character initiative is always improving and growing.
The Benefits of Suite360 Character Education
Suite360 lessons align with the Texas Education Code §29.906 standards from kindergarten through high school. Lessons are created to meet students exactly where they are, no matter what age. Broken down into four competencies – trustworthiness, responsibility, caring and citizenship – these standards provide opportunities for students to learn how character contributes to the overall civic health of a society and understand the importance of resiliency, responsibility and respect.
Navigate360 Offers Holistic Solutions that Support Students, Schools & Communities
We know it takes more than a single solution to take care of the whole child and the schools and community that surround them, which is why we believe in solutions that work better together. From prevention all the way through response and recovery, we can provide end-to-end solutions that keep your students, teachers and staff safe.
Building a comprehensive safety plan can be a daunting task, but we are here to help. Speak with one of our safety specialists today to learn how you can maximize this additional funding to build a holistic ecosystem of whole-child safety this year.