Navigate360 - Building Safer Tomorrows
Presenting…Suite360 Character Education for Florida
For 20 years, Navigate360 has been the most widely chosen holistic safety and wellness partner in the United States, protecting more than 37 districts, 2,244 schools, 100,000 educators and 1.82 million students in Florida alone. Our research-based character education curriculum was developed to equip students with comprehensive resources that impart valuable lessons in each of the six character education competencies to empower them to successfully achieve life goals, both now and in the future.
We owe it to our nation’s youth to prepare them for a bright tomorrow so they can reach their full potential and thrive. We know that whole-child wellbeing takes a whole community, and we would be proud to be a part of yours. Learn more about how we can help your school comply with Florida’s standards for character education and more:
- Character Education
- Behavior Intervention
- Mental Health Awareness
- Suicide Awareness & Prevention Professional Development Curriculum
Looking for Answers?
Suite360 Character Education FAQs
Navigate360 is your trusted parter in better understanding both character education in Florida as well as detailed information regarding various House Bills that could affect your district, school and students. Here are some of our most common questions we received regarding these topics. If you don’t find these answers you need, please feel free to contact Navigate360.
Does Suite360 Character Education conform to FL House Bill 1467?
Does Suite360 Character Education conform to FL House Bill 1557?
Does Suite360 Character Education conform to FL House Bill 7?
What if we want to add or remove lessons from our lesson library?
Can parents see what their children are learning in compliance with FL House Bill 241?
What other Florida-specific offerings do you have?
Florida Character Education Resources
What Is Character Education?
Character education is the process by which students learn to be productive members of society through the teaching of core values such as character, responsibility, success skills, trustworthiness, respect and citizenship.
Based on decades of research on effective schools, Character.org developed a framework of 11 principles to guide the cultivation and implementation of character development within schools. The 11 principles include the following:
- A set of core values is identified and embedded into the culture of the family, school, sports team or organization.
- Character involves understanding, caring about and practicing your culture’s core values.
- Your character development approach is proactive and comprehensive.
- Caring attachments and relationships foster a sense of belonging and connection.
- There are ample opportunities for everyone to live their core values, especially with opportunities to serve others.
- Your culture of character strives to develop everyone’s “best self,” including the four areas of character (moral, civic, performance and intellectual).
- A culture of character emphasizes intrinsic motivation rather than recognition or material rewards.
- Everyone shares the responsibility to model, practice and uphold the core values.
- All stakeholders are encouraged to take a leadership role and suggest ways to embed and practice the core values.
- Your character initiative engages a range of partners (family members, parents, community members, etc.).
- Core values are reaffirmed or revised each year to ensure that your character initiative is always improving and growing.
The Benefits of Suite360 Character Education
To learn more, please view these resources:
Florida Character Education Overview & Pacing Guide
Suite360 Behavior Intervention for Students
Now more than ever, schools need solutions to address students’ challenging behaviors. With Suite360 Behavior Intervention, schools can customize which lessons are used as part of their discipline matrix, allowing for flexibility to meet the needs of each school and its students.
Suite360 Behavior Intervention easily integrates with your district’s existing discipline matrix and policies. The program offers flexible delivery and implementation options, which provide an individualized approach to meet your needs.
- Evidence-based lessons that focus on reducing recidivism
- Lessons designed for specific challenging behaviors make it easy for schools to provide appropriate intervention
- Lessons are adjustable on a per-student and per-infraction basis to create customized responses
- Restorative practices build community and relationships for students
- Lessons and students’ responses to questions within lessons provide a framework for meaningful conversations with students and adults
- Opens doors for conversations about precipitating factors for students’ challenging behaviors
“Our commitment to keep students in school begins with district leadership committed to the use of restorative practices and the elimination of traditional punitive discipline approaches that have been found to be ineffective.
Then, with professional development, support of leadership, and curricular support through programs like Navigate360’s Suite360 Behavior Intervention, students can learn from their mistakes, stay in the classroom and thrive.”
Coordinator of Student Engagement, Escambia County School District
Mental Health Awareness for Students
In December 2021, the U.S. Surgeon General released a public health advisory containing findings related to the mental health of young people before and during the pandemic. According to the advisory, there was a 40% increase in “persistent feelings of sadness or hopelessness” among youth from 2009 to 2019. It also states that in 2016, roughly half of the 7.7 million children with treatable mental health disorders “did not receive adequate treatment.”
Through professionally developed resources for students, staff and families, schools can provide mental health awareness tools and resources that students can use immediately to proactively care for their own mental health and respond appropriately when they or someone they care about is in need.
- Scaffolded lessons present in-depth, professional research and strategies in a format students understand
- Information is presented in an age-appropriate format
- Lessons take students’ cognitive and emotional development into consideration
- Interactive digital lessons keep students engaged with relevant and modern content
- Companion lessons are available for staff and families
Suicide Awareness & Prevention Professional Development
Suicide is preventable, and it’s time to make prevention a priority in our schools.
Navigate360’s Suicide Awareness & Prevention Professional Development reduces the stigma of suicide and improves the effectiveness of prevention programs by providing school staff with an expert-authored curriculum.
Through a partnership with Dr. Scott Poland, professor of psychology at Nova Southeastern University and international expert on youth suicide prevention, we created a comprehensive Suicide Awareness & Prevention eLearning program for school staff that is aligned to Florida’s S.T.E.P.S. framework.
“Suicide is a challenging topic. The training program exceeded my expectations, covering important subjects and providing critical action steps for our team. We need to do everything possible to prevent suicide and help our students.”
Navigate360 Offers Holistic Solutions that Support Students, Schools & Communities
We know it takes more than a single solution to take care of the whole child and the schools and community that surround them, which is why we believe in solutions that work better together. From prevention all the way through response and recovery, we can provide end-to-end solutions that keep your students, teachers and staff safe.
Building a comprehensive safety plan can be a daunting task, but we are here to help. Speak with one of our safety specialists today to learn how you can maximize this additional funding to build a holistic ecosystem of whole-child safety this year.